Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Weekend Wrap-up

Friday night started the weekend off with a bang as a couple of friends came over and we managed to get in a quick game of Quarriors! followed by a raucous 3-person session of Battlestar Galactica.

Saturday saw me ref a total of 6 soccer games at the Saugeen Cup where 4 Hanover Teams were also competing. HMSA walked away with one 1st place finish, 2 3rd places and a fourth. Sunday morning was more of the same as I traveled to Tara for a 4 game stretch of Ref duties at the U-20 boys tournament.

Sunday evening I was invited to a games night which I could not pass on even though I was tired from reffing soccer games all weekend. So I took my cookies and went over and was rewarded with two games of 7 wonders, components pictured below, (a top 10 ranked game according to BGG) and one play through of Condottiere. I had not yet had the oppurtunity to play either game and I was especially delighted to finally get to play 7 wonders. Although I enjoyed Condottiere just as much even though I got my backside soundly beat. :p
All in all, a very good weekend although a little more family time would have been nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment