Sunday, December 9, 2012

Boardgaming + friends = happiness

Life has been very busy for me this past year. Between working three different jobs, being married and being a father to 3 great kids, there is not much time left in the day. On the other hand, I love bookkeeping more than I ever loved my previous job and working at a Boardgame store is like working at Willy Wonka's candy factory. So I would agree that life is good if I were to stop there.

But I wont ....

What makes life really great is the times of boardgaming with family and friends at the end of a busy day or weekend that really fills up the ol' love tank. I appreciate the smack talking, the agonizing choices to be made every turn, the laughs over a horrible roll of the dice and the jeers and cheers at the end of every game.

I love playing a friendly game with my kids or losing a 2 player game to my wife. I love sitting with a good friend , drinking coffee and playing a game at the kitchen table. I love playing a game with new faces, and not so new ones, on a Monday or Wednesday evening at the store. I love the hard fought battles of Saturday and Sunday evening with the guys from the game group.

These things make life complete. They make me a better person everyday when life is hard or demanding. They are the rewards to life. They are engaging and relational.


I just wish I could win more ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment