Tuesday, January 11, 2011

War is .....

One of my favorite war dramatizations ever produced was HBO's "Band of brothers". It was a 10-part mini-series depicting the experiences of E "Easy" Company from basic training all the way to their taking of Hitler's Eagle's Nest. It was because of my appreciation of that mini-series that I have now started to watch HBO's "The Pacific" since its release to DVD.

The Pacific is the sister to the previous mentioned show and depicts the Pacific theater of war and the exploits of the marines. I was not sure what to expect going into it but so far so good. I am nowhere near done the series yet but from what I have seen the show is very well produced and very gritty, realistic and engaging.

I am not sure if it is the show itself , my own growth or a combination of both but this show is really getting to me emotionally. Where before I would be desensitized of emotion this form of media violence, now during a typical one-hour episode I find myself laughing, crying, swearing and sometimes even laugh-crying. This show will take you to the lowest points of human emotion yet someway have an ability for bring hope from despair.

It is definitely a watch alone for me. I will post a full review once I am done.

No comments:

Post a Comment