Friday, January 28, 2011

Gaming and Comic Update

School has keep me really busy over the weeks of January. I have finished all of my first term courses and already into a consistent schedule of study for the heavy term 2 course load. I am really enjoying all that I am learning in my accounting courses and get more and more excited the more I learn.

On the downside though is their is significantly less time for gaming and other geek-related things then I would like. Although, I am trying my best to fins some time throughout the day no matter how little.

On the gaming front, the only thing I have played is LOTRO (lord of the rings online) and I am consistently amazed how fun the game continues to be. The captain is now grinding for RAdiance gear and has started doing 12-man raids in Moria. The Captain , although not fun to level, has proven to be a real joy to play in group running dungeons and raids.

I am continuing to read through the monthly solicitations of X-men, Wolverine and Uncanny X-force and I am enjoying them a lot. I find 2 or 3 pages in between study sessions just clears the mind to focus better on the study and retain more information.

I have also been able to find time to read through The Message and have now finished genesis and exodus. Although not a direct translation of the bible, I really enjoy the flow and contemporary form of it offers. I seem to retain the information better. On top of my bible readings, I have been reading through the latest issues of Bleach, One piece, Naruto and Fullmetal Alchemist manga. They are a good quick read although I am finding the Naruto story is kinda flat at the moment. I hope it picks up again soon. FMA is winding down and is simply awesomazing.

Well, back to studying. The books are calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment