Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Gaming & Comics update!!!

Comic update

I have been continuing my read through of the X-men reboot. I have recently finished X-men #5 and now really want to read the conclusion of the opening vampire vs mutant story arc. I have also started reading through the Wolverine reboot. For the record, Wolverine has been and will also be my favorite. From past experience I knew what to expect from a wolverine comic, violence and very little reading. Nuf' said bub!!! However the new story arc written by Jason Aaron, "Journey to Hell", is not the old wolverine. It is deep, well thought out and provocative. I am really digging this new series and the way that Jason really depicts the hopelessness in Wolverine's situation. I am looking forward to where this may go.

Gaming update

On the gaming front, I have put Lord on the rings on the back shelf for the past few weeks so that I can put more time into World of Warcraft. I am getting really stoked for the new expansion cataclysm to launch. I have also been reading the prologue book, The shattering, which is amping my enthusiasm. What have I been doing since I hit 80? I have been completing achievements and doing daily quests. I am a sucker for achievements. Some part of me believes that achievements are a measure of ones dedication to the game. Therefore, I must complete them all or something like that.

On the Lord of the rings front, I did not get a skeleton festival horse and that has bummed me out. -1 to Turbine. However, Turbine did announce the new expansion for Fall 2011, The Rise of Isengard, so +1 to Turbine. They also have a huge update coming next week so +1. For those keeping score at home, all this means I will be back to LOTRO very shortly.

The poor PS3 has seen very little love and I do feel bad for that but Little Big Planet 3 comes out in January so hope for the PS3 is around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment