Thursday, November 11, 2010

New Comics!!


I love Comics!!!

Growing up, I read them all the time. Ever since the day I got a stack of comics for Easter from my parents I have loved them. They have beautiful art, great stories, cheesy one liners and the good guys always seemed to win.

Then I hit mid-20s and comics did not seem so fun ... they seemed dark
and twisted and wrong. So ended my weekly trips to the store to pick up a new lot. I sold my thousands of comics and got married.

Over the last several years I have been slowly getting back into comics through the trade paperbacks which are collected stories rather than buying them issue by issue but those are few and far between due to the high cost of a trade. However this week, I picked up a couple of new comics for no good reason (all impulse buy this time) and it was like reconnecting with an old lover. There was rockets and ... who am I kidding.? It is not the same magic as before but there is still something. I had a smile on my face the entire time. The stories were okay, not great, and the art was cool. But what I really loved was the feel of the comic in my hands with no cares about its value down the road or making sure it is kept dust free and clean. Just flopping down in a chair and enjoying. It was great!!!

What did I pick up you may ask. Well, I bought Shadowland #4 of 5 (daredevil is now evil and bent of ruling us like scum) and X-men #4 (wolverine is now a vampire and bent on ruling us like scum) and I added the covers below for you to enjoy.

Thank-you Marvel for fun and memories! Excelsior!

No comments:

Post a Comment