Friday, November 19, 2010

Top 5 - A Christmas Carol

At the age of 33, I have seen my share of Charles Dickens' Christmas Carol re-imaginings and specials. So in honor of watching Jim Carrey's "A Christmas Carol" today, I present you a top 5 list of my favorite adaptations. Enjoy!!

5. The Muppet Christmas Carol (1982) - It's the Muppets ... seriously who doesn't like the Muppets!!!!

4. A Christmas Carol (2009) - It might be because it is fresh in my memory but I love this adaptation. The visuals are engaging and immersive and the movie does a great job of really helping the viewer to identify with Ebeneezer. Good job Guys!!!!


3. Bugs Bunny's Christmas Carol (1979) - Once again ... Its Bugs and he is never wrong ... NEVER!!!!

2. WKRP in Cincinnati episode "Bah Humbug" (1980) - My favorite TV Christmas episode of all time and the only TV Dickens homage to make my list. Hindsight 20/20 moment is how this episode shows the progression of radio. Sadly, the radio of the future is pretty close to what we have today.

1. Scrooged (1988) - This is my absolute classic at Christmastime. Bobcat with a shotgun, Bill Murray being ... well ... Bill Murray, and all the other hilarity makes this an awesome Christmas movie and the ultimate Dickens re-imagining.

Hope you enjoyed the list and in closing I leave you with the words of Tiny Tim "God bless us, every one!"

No comments:

Post a Comment