Saturday, November 13, 2010

NHL Alumni Game

I am a nerd. I love Star Trek, Video Games, Comic books, ... and the list goes on and on. However, what most people do not realize is that I am a huge sports geek.

I love sports.

It is probably due to growing up in rural Nova Scotia with no cable or satellite. My only viable option for TV was CBC or MITV (now Global). MITV was my go to for ST: TNG and X-files but CBC was Hockey, CFL football, curling, and baseball to name a few. Thanks to CBC I survived many a weekend.

To this day I still love sports. I cheer for the Toronto FC, Leeds United, Toronto Maple Leafs, Miami dolphins and Calgary Stampeders as well as the Raptors. May favorite athletes are Dan Marino, Doug Flutie and Dougie Gilmour. Like all sports geeks, I have a huge bucket list of sport related items like watching an actual NFL game or seeing at least one NHL game in every arena or watching a live Premiership match.

But all those things will never compare to the Alumni game in Hanover tonight. It was not the game or the laughs that will make it memorable. It was the fact that a special young lady, the daughter of a close family to us, sang O Canada and see nailed it. I have heard superstars screw up national anthems but this cute little 8 year sang beautifully.

Thanks for making tonight so special.

No comments:

Post a Comment