Friday, November 12, 2010

Mini-me

Being a father who is also a fanboy presents a great opportunity to relate with my sons. No matter what they really get into (pokemon, yugioh, superheroes, etc ...), I have already been down that road before and can totally relate. We can have discussions and laugh and watch together and I rarely feel like poking my eyes.

But it also presents the challenge of holding my enthusiasm in check when it comes to stuff ( Bleach, Naruto, Wolverine comics, etc...) that may still be to mature for their young brains to comprehend.

I have tried to make wise choices but that does not always happen. Still, it is fun to be cool in the eyes of my kids and watch cartoons with them and play boardgames together.

Oh yeah, I thought I would share a couple of my second sons best quotes of the week before I go :)

- While watching Dragon Ball Z, he uttered very loudly "Kick his butt, Gohan!!"
- While discussing swimming, "Dogs don't like to swim because the first dog to ever swim created the doggy paddle"
- When we pushed back bedtime to watch some TV together "Oh yeah baby, Star wars clone wars ... best show ever!!!"

I am so proud of the little fart ... sounds more and more like me everyday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment