Friday, November 18, 2011

A little word on Hobby

What is a Hobby? In my definition, a hobby is an activity that is not part of education, employment or training for the sole purpose of enjoyment and fun. Is this a technically accurate definition. probably not. Nonetheless, that is how I define a hobby.

What are my hobbies? My hobbies all reside under the banner of geek. First and foremost, I love board games. I love euro games (like Settlers of Catan, Ticket to Ride, Dominion) and deck-building games (like Dominion, Redemption, Thunderstone). I enjoy economic games and worker placement games. I like RPG video games (Role Playing Game) and fantasy based games. I like dice, cards, wooden bits and cardboard chits.

Secondly, I like Video games. I usually tend to stick to sports titles, racing games and RPG/fantasy games. However, I have been stretching lately into the world of action/adventure games and found that I am not half bad but I definitely play them for the story more than anything else.

Finally, I like reading. I like fantasy, sci-fi and graphic novels. My favorites are Shounen Japanese comics like One Piece, bleach and Naruto. I also like X-men and Batman comics. I have read all books written by R. A. Salvatore, Jim Butcher, George RR Martin and Ted Dekker. I also really enjoy the Dark Tower series by Stephen King.

Why do I share this? To put to words my likes so that those you read this have a bit of context to the strange and wonderful things that I write about. What are your hobbies that you do for enjoyment and fun? If you could not come up with any maybe you could give one of mine a try. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment