Wednesday, November 30, 2011

In Memory of my Mom 1947 - 2011

My Mom passed away today after a hard fight with cancer. While the loss of her life on Earth is sad beyond words, the knowledge that she is no longer in pain and in a better place with her heavenly Father is comforting to my soul and my heart. I am short on words and long in tears today therefore I leave you with a poem that has always brought laughter to my Mom and I. I believe she would want laughter today and not tears even though that is hard. I will miss you Mom!!!


When me prayers were poorly said
Who tucked me in me widdle bed
And spanked me til me ass was red?

Me Mudder

Who took me from me cozy cot
And put me the ice cold pot
And made me pee if me could not ?

Me Mudder

And when the morning light would come
And in me crib me dribble some
Who wiped me tiny widdle bum ?

Me Mudder

Who would me hair so gently part
And hug me gently to her heart
And sometimes squeeze me til me fart ?

Me Mudder

Who looked at me with eyebrows knit
And nearly had a king-size fit
When in me Sunday pants me s**t ?

Me Mudder

When at night the bed did squeak
Me raised me head to have a peek
Who yelled at me to go to sleep ?

Me Fadder

No comments:

Post a Comment