Wednesday, November 16, 2011

What console war?

I continue to hear people argue to this day which is better. Nintendo WII or Xbox 360 or  PlayStation 3? I have never really cared since I believe in the mantra "to each their own". That being said, I did find it funny when I read the nominee list for the 2011 VGA awards released today and found that the 4 contenders for PS3 game of the year are all exclusives while only half the games on the 360 list are exclusive titles for Microsoft. This leads me to believe that the console war may still be raging but the software war has been won. Well played Sony ... Well played!!!

Best Xbox 360 Game
  • Batman: Arkham City (Warner Bros Interactive/Rocksteady Studios)
  • Forza Motorsport 4 (Microsoft Studios/Turn 10 Studios)
  • Gears of War 3 (Microsoft Studios/Epic Games)
  • Portal 2 (Valve)
Best PlayStation 3 Game
  • Infamous 2 (Sony Computer Entertainment/Sucker Punch)
  • Killzone 3 (Sony Computer Entertainment/Guerrilla Games)
  • LittleBigPlanet 2 (Sony Computer Entertainment/Media Molecule)
  • Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Sony Computer Entertainment/Naughty Dog)

No comments:

Post a Comment